Wednesday 22 June
Thursday 23 June
Friday 24 June
Here are some tips for practising your speeches:
Remember that this is a speech and not a dramatic performance but still try to use and vary the following:
· SPEED – Speak slowly enough for the audience to understand you. Change your pace as appropriate.
· PITCH – You have a wide range of 1 to 2 octaves to use.
· EXPRESSION – Use your voice to show emotions e.g. fear, anger, excitement, sorrow etc.
· VOLUME – Every word of your speech is important. The whole audience needs to be able to hear every word or else they will “switch off” from you. Practice projecting your voice in a large room.
· GESTURE – Facial and body gestures should enhance not detract/distract.
· STAND STILL
· EYE CONTACT –Make sure you look at your audience every so often. Practising your speech so you know it will help you to do this.